Below is a list of archived Training items:
|Wooden Window Repair Methods|
August 14-16, 2013 at Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site, Cornish, NH Please contact Melissa_Sims@nps.gov directly to enroll. Course Description: Thousands of wood windows are ripped out of this country’s older and historic buildings each year. This astonishing loss is due in part to the fact that few people remain skilled in the repair and maintenance of wooden windows. In this ...
|Windows Old and New, Historic and Traditional|
Windows-Old and New, Historic and Traditional: a Traditional Building Show symposium being held in Washington DC. May 21 and 22. Geared toward architects, contractors, craftsmen, preservationists and facilities managers.
|Timber Framers Guild 2013 Western Conference|
- THIS CONFERENCE HAS PASSED - Please see below for details and contact information if you have questions about future events. 2013 Western Conference April 18-21, 2013 Coeur d’Alene, Idaho For more information and registration click HERE
|Section 508 – Accessible Web Content (WCAG 2.0)|
Training: July 11, 2013 In 2010, the Board’s Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM) on Section 508 proposed to incorporate the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, also known as WCAG 2.0. The WCAG 2.0 is published and maintained by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and are the internationally recognized standards for web accessibility. WCAG is a ...
|Reuse is Recycling (Webinar)|
This training focuses on how Federal agencies can use GSAXcess, GSA Sales, and Computers For Leaning to help lessen the tax burden on the American public. By “reusing” an unused federal asset it essentially “recycles” the asset to extend its useful lifecycle. This webinar is offered by GSA. Check it out!
|Retrofit the Right Way -Save Energy & Reduce Costs with Lighting Controls (Webinar)|
This is a FREE webinar exploring how lighting controls can eliminate 60% (or more) of your building lighting energy spend and offer flexible control of your lighting and environment. This webinar will address the concepts behind lighting controls, the technology, and the opportunities. Additionally, speakers will explore how lighting controls can save considerable amounts of ...
|National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium Hands-on Workshops for Automotive Technicians|
The National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium has a number of hands-on workshops for automotive technicians in Electric drive vehicles and Compressed Natural Gas. View their Training Schedule. Upcoming training includes: Light-Duty Natural Gas Vehicles NAFTC Member: $1104.00 Non-Member: $1382.00 July 29-31, 2013 – Event Information Compressed Natural Gas Vehicle Fuel System Inspector NAFTC Member: $849.00 Non-Member: $1063.00 August 1-2, 2013 – Event ...
|Iron & Steel Preservation Conference 2013|
- THIS CONFERENCE HAS PASSED - Please see below for details and contact information if you have questions about future events. March 4-5, 2013 Lansing MI Registration Now Open Arc Welding Wrought Iron and Historic Steel Welding wrought iron with an electric arc welding process has been referred to as problematic, especially welding steel to wrought iron. Few in-depth ...
|Intermediate Carpentry Training at Lake Perris State Park, Riverside California|
- THIS TRAINING SESSION HAS PASSED - Please see below for details and contact information if you have questions. WHO: Maintenance Workers, Maintenance Mechanics, Carpenters, and others needing to improve their carpentry skills WHAT: Intermediate Carpentry Skills SPONSORED BY: WASO Learning and Development (Historic Preservation Training Center) California State Parks, W.P Mott Jr Training Center, Asilomar, California Lake Perris State Park, near ...
|How to Restore & Weatherize Your Historic Home Windows with Duffy Hoffman|
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 – 6:00pm-7:30pm at the Historic Harrisburg Resource Center Historic Harrisburg Association Harrisburg, PA Duffy is the owner of Hoffman Preservation & Restoration and a third-generation craftsman with more than 25 years experience in preservation trades. Duffy is also one of the founders of the “Window preservation Standards Collaborative”, a group focused on setting the ...
|Hazardous Materials and Special Property Webinar|
This course will discuss the best ways to properly dispose of hazardous material without it harming the environment. Property containing hazardous materials exhibits dangerous characteristics such that inadequate use, storage, transportation, or disposal may lead to potential safety, health, environmental, economic, or national security risks. In many situations — The use, storage, transportation, or disposal ...
|FEMP Re-Thinking Operations & Maintenance for High Performance Buildings|
On June 6, check out the streaming video: FEMP Re-Thinking Operations & Maintenance for High Performance Buildings, at 1:30-3:00 p.m. ET. Register through the FEMP website.
|Equipment Operator Safety Training|
Equipment Operator Safety Training at Prince William Forest Park in Triangle VA. June 3-7. The full announcement is on Google Drive. Email Sarah Polzin for a travel scholarship application. Enroll in class NPS-2013-0603-PRWI through DOILearn. Please send an email to Sarah when the request is approved.
|Duffy Hoffman Presents a Window Work Shop with David Gibney|
Window Restoration & Weatherization – June 21-23, 2013 Elizabethville, PA Have you Ever… Wondered if you can save those old wood windows? Considered the difference in cost between restoration of your old sash versus replacing them with new windows? Wanted to restore your building but don’t know how to hire a contractor? Painted your house only to find that you need to re-paint two years later? Wanted ...
|Dry Stone Landscape Masonry Workshop|
This workshop provides a hands-on opportunity to learn how to build dry stone landscape walls. The workshop, taught by certified instructors from the Dry Stone Walling Association (DSWA), will focus on the structural principles and practices of dry stone construction and management. DSWA instructors teach construction styles and techniques that have been developed, improved, and ...
|Courageous Followers, Courageous Leaders: New Relationships for Changing TImes|
This webinar will be presented by Ira Chaleff, author of the award winning book The Courageous Follower: Standing Up To and For Our Leaders. He has been cited in the Harvard Business Review as one of the pioneers in the field of “followership” and has been named one of the best 100 minds on leadership by ...
|Challenge and Change in the Workplace Webinar|
June 5-6, 2013: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET This is a two-part interactive webinar series presented by WASO Learning & Development, Leadership Development Group. Our goal is to pioneer and pursue innovative methods of training delivery that will enhance managers’ effectiveness in leading, managing and developing employees. This course will be conducted via WebEx webinar and will be ...
|Advanced Trails Training with the California State Parks|
- THIS TRAINING SESSION HAS PASSED - Please see below for details and contact information if you have questions. The Trails Program is a comprehensive training series that provides technical knowledge and skills to field personnel charged with implementation of the Department’s Trail Program. These programs are scheduled throughout Northern and Central California. There are three levels of ...
|Advanced Photovoltaic Training and Installation at Zion National Park|
- THIS TRAINING SESSION HAS PASSED - Please see below for details and contact information if you have questions about future training. Put the skills learned in Introduction to Photovoltaics to work at Zion National Park, November 5-9. Classroom topics will delve more into the site analysis and design of PV systems. Project will involve moving an ...
|Access Board Webinar: Section 508 – Accessible Web Content (July 11)|
Accessible websites will be the subject of the next webinar in the Board’s free monthly series to be held on July 11 from 2:30 – 4:00 (ET). This session will review requirements in the internationally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, also known as WCAG 2.0, issued by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). The Board, ...