This fifth course in the Facility Condition Assessment Survey (FCAS) series describes how to build the actual cost estimate using the CESS spreadsheet. Topics include: using assemblies and item takeoffs to build a cost estimate, how to modify an estimate created from an assembly to fit your specific situation, and the additional “add-on” cost factors that are an integral part of an estimate.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Navigate through the CESS.
- Define an item and an assembly.
- Create an estimate using an assembly takeoff.
- Create an estimate using an item takeoff.
- Create an estimate using the model takeoff.
- Articulate how to complete the cost estimating process.
Chiefs of Maintenance and employees tasked with cost estimating work orders within the FMSS.
To enroll, click HERE and log in to DOI Learn or search the Catalog for NPS-MNT1119