- THIS TRAINING SESSION HAS PASSED -
Please see below for details and contact information if you have questions.
WHO: Maintenance Workers, Maintenance Mechanics, Carpenters, and others needing to improve their carpentry skills
WHAT: Intermediate Carpentry Skills
- WASO Learning and Development (Historic Preservation Training Center)
- California State Parks, W.P Mott Jr Training Center, Asilomar, California
- Lake Perris State Park, near Riverside CA
WHERE: 17801 Lake Perris Dr, Perris CA 92571
WHEN: Monday through Friday, December 10-14, 2012. 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Travel days on Sun Dec 9 and return on Friday Dec 14 after lunch.
- Understand Wood Frame Construction techniques
- Be able to read blueprints
- Be familiar with and able to maintain tools and equipment related to the job
- Be able to lay out, measure and cut rafters, doors and window openings
HOW: DOILearn. Search Int Carp in DOILearn and select NPS-2012-1210-MOTT-Carp. Or follow this LINK. Submit a request to enroll in the course. Ensure your supervisor is aware of your request and approves it through DOILearn. Class is open for registration until Tuesday Dec 4.
- There are 6 (six) slots available for this training.
- Tuition is paid for by Learning and Development Division and includes meals and lodging. Park is responsible for transportation costs to and from the training site and any incidental costs.
- Class project will be constructing a ramada over a concession area. Students will fabricate, lay out and assemble the wood components and install a standing seam roof on the shed roof.
- Sarah Polzin, HPTC, 240-446-9576 (cell) email@example.com