This course will introduce you to two foundational elements: the Facility Management Program, an overall program that the NPS has adopted to manage assets effectively, and the Asset Management Process (AMP), an approach to asset management that is based on industry standards. It is important to understand these processes, because they serve as the foundation for the Facility Management Software System (FMSS).
- Identify the purpose of facility management.
- Describe each component of the FMP.
- Explain how the NPS defines the term asset.
- Explain the NPS mission and the NPS responsibilities of stewardship and accountability.
- Describe the purpose of asset life cycle management and how it will address the deferred maintenance backlog and recapitalization.
- Identify key legislation, regulations, and directives concerning NPS asset management.
To enroll, click HERE and log in to DOI Learn or search the Catalog for NPS-MNT1100