- THIS TRAINING SESSION HAS PASSED -
Please see below for details and contact information if you have questions about future training.
Put the skills learned in Introduction to Photovoltaics to work at Zion National Park, November 5-9. Classroom topics will delve more into the site analysis and design of PV systems. Project will involve moving an existing rooftop PV system to a more open site.
- Know how to remedy the safety issues surrounding photovoltaic systems
- Review of electrical and photovoltaic principals and application of those principals
- Understand how to analyze a site and design an appropriate PV System for that area
- Understand the differences between independent systems and grid-tied systems
- Diagnostics/trouble shooting and repair
Follow this link to DOILearn . Or search for the terms Advanced Photovoltaic. Submit a Request to enroll in the course. Select NPS-2012-1105-ZION. Ensure your supervisor is aware of your request and approves it through DOILearn.
- Pre-Requisites: “Introduction to PV” class or completion of the online version occurring 10/1-10/15 through Coconino Community College and “Fall Protection Training”.
- Class will be moving a 12 panel system from the shaded VC roof to a ground-mount in order to increase output.
- There are 24 slots available for this training.
- The course is intensive and requires evening study and preparation.
- Lodging will be at the Zion dormitory, which has 15 bedrooms, a communal living room area and kitchen equipped with pots, pans, dishes and silverware and shared bathrooms.
- Learning and Development is offering travel scholarships. After enrolling in the class, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a scholarship form. Scholarship application deadline is Sept 28.