Introduction to Cultural Landscapes provides an overview of historic preservation and how it is applied to the care and stewardship of cultural landscapes. You will learn about the NPS definition of a cultural landscape and the four types of cultural landscapes recognized by the NPS, resources that shape historic preservation policy and practice, the National Register criteria for evaluating significance, and the terms “integrity” and “character.” Utilize the following materials to learn about these topics.
Preservation Brief 36: Protecting Cultural Landscapes
Terra Firma 1: An Introduction to Historic Landscape Preservation
National Register Bulletin 15
Got it? Test Your Knowlege…
0 of 3 questions completed
Landscape Preservation Evaluation –
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 3 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Define cultural landscape and identify the four types of cultural landscapes recognized in the United States by the National Park Service
- Compare the NPS and UNESCO cultural landscape types.
- List the four National Register criteria for evaluation of significance.
- Define integrity of a cultural landscape and list the seven National Register criteria considerations to determine integrity.
- Identify people and professions involved in the landscape preservation process
- Identify resources and organizations that shape historic preservation policy and practice