Are you wondering how Section 106 of the NHPA relates to other laws? Well, that’s a good thing because the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation‘s (ACHP) regulations encourage the coordination of Section 106 responsibilities “with any reviews required under other authorities such as the National Environmental Policy Act, the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act, the American Indian Religious Freedom Act, the Archeological Resources Protection Act, and agency-specific legislation.
With this reference – the Relationship of Section 106 to Other Laws – you will learn how Section 106 relates to:
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Archeological and Historic Preservation Act (AHPA)
- Archeological Resources Protection Act (ARPA)
- American Indian Religious Freedom Act (AIRFA)
- Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)