« Previous Next »

Page :« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ALL»

CCAHA is a non-profit conservation laboratory serving other non-profit cultural, educational, and research institutions, as well as private individuals and organizations throughout the United States.

Founded in 1977, CCAHA specializes in the treatment of works of art and historic artifacts on paper, such as prints, maps, posters, historic wallpaper, photographs, rare books, scrapbooks, manuscripts, and related materials, such as parchment and papyrus.

It also offers on-site consultation services, educational programs and seminars, emergency assistance, and internships and fellowships.

Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts

264 South 23rd Street

Philadelphia, PA 19103

tel.: 215.545.0613 (t)

fax: 215.735.9313 (f)

e-mail: pso@ccaha.org

website: www.ccaha.org

For information about CCAHA and for additional workshop registration forms, visit www.ccaha.org.

The Chicago History Museum, founded in 1856 as the Chicago Historical Society, is devoted to collecting, interpreting, and presenting the history of Chicago to the public through exhibitions, programs, research facilities, and publications.

The collection, which includes more than 22 million items from Chicago, Illinois, and American history, is organized into seven categories:

  • archives and manuscripts
  • architectural records
  • costumes
  • decorative and industrial arts
  • library materials
  • paintings and sculpture
  • prints and photographs

The Museum underwent a major renovation in 2005-06.


Funding: This program was developed under grants from the National Park Service and the National Center for Preservation Technology and Training,* and the Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts.

Program contents are solely the responsibility of CCAHA and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the National Park Service or the National Center for Preservation Technology and Training.

All images are courtesy of the Chicago History Museum. Cover image: Schlesinger & Mayer/Carson Pirie Scott Building, Louis H. Sullivan (ca. 1898-1899). Shadow images: Monadnock Building, Burnham and Root; Crown Hall, elevation drawing

« Previous Next »

Page :« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ALL»

Share →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>